Well we had a wonderful January as far as our weather was concerned, however February wanted to remind us that Winter is still in control. Hope everyone was safe during the snow/ice/rain storm.
Just wanted to let everyone know that we are still opened at THE GROVE this month. Our new schedule will be Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. We are making both Jams of the Month this year as well as a few new baked goods.
I love making my Hot Milk Cake for people to enjoy so I thought you just might like the recipe. I received this recipe from my wonderful mother-in-law many years ago and when I make the cake, it makes me so happy. My husbands' family and my family really enjoy it...so here goes:
Old Fashioned Hot Milk Cake
1 Cup of Milk 3 Eggs
2 Cups of Sugar 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 Cups of Flour 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
1/4 Pound of real Butter Pinch of Salt
1. Put milk and butter in a pot on the stove.
2. Cream Sugar and eggs until light and fluffy
3. While creaming the sugar and eggs bring milk and butter to a boil, then turn off
4. Mix flour and salt, add to egg/sugar mixture one spoon at a time , then add hot milk mixture.(be careful it will be hot). I usually put in one spoon at a time as well.
5. Add vanilla
6. Last add the baking powder.
Bake 45 minutes at 375 degrees.
Check the cake with a tooth pick or cake tester. When it comes out clean remove from oven.
I use a fancy Bundt pan, let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove, cool and sprinkle with powered sugar...enjoy!
Let me know if you made it and how it turned out.
See you at THE GROVE